Here are a few simple shopping strategies I have found to save money at stores and shopping malls:
- Join the email list: visit the website for your favorite stores and malls and sign up for their email list. Many will send you an email with information on various sales and events. Some stores will even email printable coupons that you can use to save money.
- Join the VIP or Preferred Shopper Club: certain malls (specifically outlet malls) have a shopper program that you can join. Once you are a member, you can receive advance notice of sales and access to exclusive coupons.
- Check the website for coupons: be sure to visit the mall or store website, as certain malls and stores will offer printable coupons.
- Use your AAA Card: AAA has a program called "Show your Card and Save" where you can receive a discount when you present your AAA Card at participating stores. For a complete listing of stores and current deals, click here to visit the AAA Website.
- Set up a Google Alert: just go to www.google.com/alerts and type in the search terms (i.e. your favorite stores or malls) and when there are relevant results, Google will notify you (via email or RSS). You can select to be notified once a day or once a week.
For a more ideas on how to save money, visit these pages on my website: